Benjamin has been a member of the Robinson Curley team since he was a second-year law student, serving as a law clerk and performing a variety of services, including legal research in cases involving officer and director liability, insurance company receiverships and liquidations, general commercial and contract disputes, employment discrimination (including Title VII), discovery issues, and securities fraud.
While attending Chicago-Kent, Benjamin was a member of the Chicago-Kent Law Review, served on the Executive Board for the school’s American Constitution Society Student Chapter, and was a Teaching Assistant for required first-year courses Contracts and Legislation. Benjamin earned CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for the highest grade in numerous courses, including Property, Evidence, First Amendment Seminar, Trial Advocacy 1, Products Liability, and Estates & Trusts.
Prior to law school, Benjamin worked as a paid paraprofessional/clerk intern for DLA Piper LLP (US), where he performed due diligence on a non-profit merger for Scouting BSA, combining four Chicago-area councils, each a separate 501(c)(3) entity, into a single new 501(c)(3) council. Benjamin’s work on the merger included document collection and review, drafting of summary reports, client memoranda, and related board resolutions. Benjamin also performed legal research and gathered court material for a bench trial in the receivership of Penn Treaty Network America Insurance Company, a leading Pennsylvania insurer receivership case. Prior to his time at DLA Piper, Benjamin worked in the office of a county Clerk of the Circuit Court, assisting with case file management and preparing records of cases for appeal.
- State Bar of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (pending)
Memberships & Activities
- Member, Young Alumni Council, Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2018-Present
- Member, Associate Board, Pathway To Adventure Council, Scouting BSA
- Associate Advisor, Law Explorer Post 5, Scouting BSA
Awards & Recognitions
- DePaul Mock Trial Team (Undergraduate): Co-Captain, 2014-15 Season; 2015 All Region Attorney; Outstanding Attorney, 2015 Midwest Classic Invitational and 2014 Bradley University Invitational; 2014 Loras Invitational Tournament Champion
- Eagle Scout, May 2004, Ordeal Member, Order of the Arrow, Scouting BSA
- IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2018
- DePaul University, B.A., Peace, Justice, and Conflict Studies, summa cum laude, 2014
- Johnson & Wales University, A.S., Culinary Arts, 2007