Adam represents a wide variety of clients, ranging from individuals to small business owners to large corporations. He has a particular focus on business and investment disputes, and has experience litigating such disputes in numerous state and federal courts. He has also represented business clients in arbitration and mediation proceedings. Adam also represents employees in employment discrimination matters.
Before joining Robinson, Curley & Clayton, Adam was an associate at Jenner & Block in Chicago, where his practice focused on complex business litigation.
- Represented investor in hedge fund who brought claims against hedge fund managers and others for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty. Matter settled on mutually agreeable terms.
- Won summary judgment in favor of a volume buyer of waste paper against one of its former suppliers, which had sought more than $3 million in liquidated damages under the parties' contracts.
- Counsel in complex RICO and fraud case, representing victimized shareholders in close corporation on individual and derivative claims. Obtained $413 million judgment in the district court, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Represented a local small business in suit arising from alleged breach of consulting contract. Client received favorable verdict and $1.4 million award following bench trial; defendant's appeal is pending, as is a cross-appeal on damages.
- Lead counsel representing financial services company defending against claims brought by professional service provider. Obtained favorable settlement following arbitration proceeding.
- Represented software developer in trade secret misappropriation and breach of contract claim. After extensive litigation, matter was favorably settled.
- Represented receivers in investigations of professional liability claims and director and officer liability claims.
- Part of trial team that represented prominent online retailer in a fraud and breach of contract case against a major e-commerce software vendor. After defeating summary judgment, the case was tried to a jury.
- Represented large vendor in breach of contract dispute with retailer. Reached favorable resolution that included continuation of ongoing business relationship with minimal discovery and legal expense.
- Represented closely-held business in RICO suit brought against former officer and contractors.
- Represented employee in Title VII action against former employer. Following discovery, obtained favorable settlement through mediation.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Awards & Recognitions
- Named a Super Lawyers "Rising Star" in Business Litigation and General Litigation, 2010-2014
Memberships & Activities
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Columnist and panel participant, Financial Poise.
- Harvard Law School, J.D.
- University of Texas at Austin,B.A., Plan 2 Program with Highest Honors
- Completed training sufficient to be certified as a qualified mediator in Cook County, Illinois
Getting What's Due: Prejudgment Interest in Illinois, Illinois Bar Journal, Vol. 98, #8 (August 2010)